Event Phone: 07766526217
- how to make, maintain and use a sourdough starter
- the benefits of sourdough baking
- doughcraft, timings, temperature control & bakers percentages
100% rye bread with whole grains and sunflower seeds
Sussex batards and boules made with locally grown heritage flour
Sourdough pizza for lunch and crumpets for tea
Includes lunch and refreshments – Suitable for beginners and enthusiasts.
- sourdough bread
September 16, 2017
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Learn to make classic vegetarian dishes from across Thailand
Phak Chup Peang Thod – mixed vegetable fritters with sweet chilli sauce
Kaeng Khiao Wan – a fiery, aromatic and sweet green curry with coconut, aubergines and sweet potato
Som Tam Taeng – cucumber and peanut salad
Pad Krapow To-hu sai Hed – tofu with basil and chilli
Kao Niow Dahm – sticky black rice and coconut pudding
This workshop is hands on and includes lunch and recipes
Suitable for vegans and gluten free diets
- thai vegetarian
September 28, 2017
6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
This year we are raising funds for Tree Aid , a highly effective small charity helping to create thriving, sustainable communities throughout the isolated and remote regions of Africa. Tree Aid helps people to cultivate and grow drought hardy food trees all year round. They enable micro enterprises, and help communities to be more food secure and resilient.
Three courses of sumptuous seasonal dishes made with local ingredients.
Family friendly with music and entertainment.
Suitable for vegetarian, vegan and gluten free diets
- Tree Aid Harvest Feast - Sunday 1 October 2017
October 1, 2017
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Two days of training and mentoring for people who are passionate about good food and want to set up and run cookery clubs and food related community activities.
This training will help you to:
– plan a cookery course, club or community food project
– be a better cook
– understand more about the food we eat
– support others in improving their cookery and everyday nutrition skills
– work effectively with groups and share your enthusiasm for good food
– develop a social enterprise
– make healthy cohesive communities
– create a sustainable food system
In addition to the two days of training, participants receive ongoing mentoring and support.
Includes lunch, refreshments and food to go.
- Cookery Leader Training East Sussex
October 3, 2017 - October 4, 2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
A celebration of North Indian cuisine
We’ll cook and bake with traditional ingredients and techniques from Himachal Pradesh & the Punjab and explore the influences that Persian and Mughal empires have left on Indian food.
Learn to make:
- Masala chai
- Punjabi Samosas with carrot chutney
- Rajma, Himalayan black bean stew
- Baingan Matar, aubergine and pea curry
- Shahi Paneer, boldly spiced fried cheese in a tomato and cream gravy
- Pilau rice
- Semolina and pistachio halwa
Suitable for vegetarians – includes dinner and a take away
- North Indian Cookery
October 5, 2017
6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
The cuisine of South India is a treasure trove of delights and flavour sensations.
In this hands on workshop we will be making quintessential “Udupi” pure vegetarian, healing dishes from Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu including:
– Uttapam, a fermented rice and lentil batter pancake with coconut chutney
– Sambar, a peppery lentil and vegetable soup with tamarind
– Avial, a vegetable and curd curry flavoured with curry leaves
– Appam, rice flour flatbreads Thoran, a mild, dry stir fried dish flavoured with mustard seeds and coconut with lemon rice
Vegan and gluten free – Includes dinner and a take away
- South Indian Cookery
October 19, 2017
6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Cooking in bulk made simple!
This two day training will help cookery leaders, community cooks, food banks and aspiring caterers to plan, prepare and share large amounts of good food.
Bulk cooking saves you time, money and energy. When done communally, it ensures local food security, addresses food poverty, cuts down waste and builds community spirit. Feeding lots of people is very rewarding and makes one a better more confident cook. Its great fun and keeps you active.
The training covers the following:
– big pot cooking techniques
– menu planing & scaling up recipes
– kitchen set-up, equipment, suppliers and packaging
– regulations and legal requirements
– storage, refrigeration and freezing
Includes lunch, refreshments and lots of food to go.
We are able to offer some subsidized places to suitable applicants, please contact us directly to see if you are eligible.
- feeding the masses - 15 &16 Nov 17
November 15, 2017 - November 16, 2017
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
We will make and bake
Pane di farro e Roma, one of the oldest recorded loaves made with spelt and rye flours and leavened with wild yeast.
Pane Siciliano, a sesame crusted semolina loaf
Pizzelle Napoletane, deep fried mini pizza pockets.
Includes a delicious lunch and is suitable for, families, beginners and enthusiasts
- Italian breads - 25 Nov 17
November 25, 2017
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Stollen, a German Christmas bread enriched with marzipan, almond and raisins
Christopsomo, a Greek Christmas bread, sweetened with orange and wine and enriched with candied fruit and nuts.
Rugelach, a Hanukkah treat of cream cheese enriched crescent buns filled with spicy chocolate
This workshop is suitable for beginners and enthusiasts and includes tuition, lunch, refreshments and lots of bread to take home
- Festive breads - 2 dec 17
December 2, 2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm