Cooking in bulk made simple!
This two day training will help cookery leaders, community cooks, food banks and aspiring caterers to plan, prepare and share large amounts of good food.
Bulk cooking saves you time, money and energy. When done communally, it ensures local food security, addresses food poverty, cuts down waste and builds community spirit. Feeding lots of people is very rewarding and makes one a better more confident cook. Its great fun and keeps you active.
The training covers the following:
– big pot cooking techniques
– menu planing & scaling up recipes
– kitchen set-up, equipment, suppliers and packaging
– regulations and legal requirements
– storage, refrigeration and freezing
Includes lunch, refreshments and lots of food to go.
We are able to offer some subsidized places to suitable applicants, please contact us directly to see if you are eligible.
- feeding the masses - 15 &16 Nov 17
November 15, 2017 - November 16, 2017
10:00 am - 3:00 pm